Sunday, January 10, 2016

Dresden Circle Flannel Quilt


This is the fourth quilt I've made from the box of flannel scraps someone gave me several months ago. The box contained some skinny triangles and I trimmed twenty of them and stitched them together into this Dresden circle. I pieced together enough of the pink (with tiny pink dots which you can maybe see in the next photo) to make a border and I used the last few bits of the off-white to make the binding, which I attached using my Singer 401.


I put some extra batting under the circle so it stands up about an inch from the face of the quilt, and I didn't quilt the Dresden pieces because I decided I liked the way it looks as it is. This quilt is 36 x 36 inches, which is about the same size as the previous three small flannel quilts I made from this same box of scraps. The box isn't quite empty, but it's getting close. It's been fun, and a little challenging, to sift through the pile of scraps and come up with ideas for combining them into a series of small quilts. 

Happy sewing, everyone!  

2 comments: