Sunday, October 5, 2014

A Day of Airplanes and Sewing Machines

Yesterday, E went to the airport for the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association's Homecoming Fly-In.  There were lots and lots of airplanes (no surprise there), a stunt pilot who gave a spectacular performance, and dozens of vendor booths.  E worked the Pilots n Paws booth for a couple of hours.


B-17
Stearman Speedmail
Cessna 185


While E was at the airport, I met with someone who told me she wanted to begin sewing, but didn't want to spend a lot on a sewing machine.  Hmmm.  A few months ago, I rescued a Singer Fashion Mate 237 from the thrift store.  After a lot of cleaning and oiling and lubricating and adjusting, it began to sew quite well.  It's a very simple machine (straight stitch and zig zag only) and I never intended to add it to my herd of machines, so I was happy to send it home with her.  I hope she will enjoy sewing as much as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment